What to Expect on Sundays at Faith
Where do I go on Sunday mornings?
8:45am casual worship service:
From September through mid-June, Holy Grounds is located on the second floor in Rooms 205 & 206. Enter at the lower level side entrance (where it says “Church Office”). Come up the stairs or enter the first floor door and proceed to the elevator. Follow the signs. From mid-June through the end of August, Chapel in the Woods is located on the hillside off the rear parking lot. If you need to drop off your child in the Nursery, it is located on the first floor.
10:00am traditional worship service:
Our traditional service is located in the Sanctuary (upper level). If you need any assistance, please see our Greeters and Ushers at the entrance to the Sanctuary. Most mornings there is a Greeter also located near the lower level entrance.
- The Nursery for Infants & Toddlers is located on the first floor. Enter in the lower level side entrance (where it says “Church Office”). The nursery is open from 8:30-11:30am.
- Children in Preschool through 5th Grade go to worship first. After the Time With Children, they will be dismissed to their classes.
- Youth in Grades 6-12 go directly to their classes, which are on the second floor.
Join us for fellowship and refreshments between the services at 9:30am and following the 10:00am service. The Fellowship Hall is located on the first floor directly underneath the Sanctuary. You are also welcome to spend time in The Garden (courtyard), which is located next to the Fellowship Hall.
Our ongoing 8:45am New Testament Letters class is held in the Parlor, located on the first floor halfway down the hall. Our short-term classes held at 11:30am are typically held in Room 205 & 206 upstairs - same place as we have for our casual worship service. Learn more about what classes we are currently offering
Can I participate in Communion?
The United Methodist Church practices an Open Table where all are invited. According to our Book of Worship, “All who intend to lead a Christian life, together with their children, are invited to receive the bread and cup.” During the 8:45am service, proceed to the altar area as you're able. During the 10:00am service, follow the lead of the ushers who will guide you through the process. If you need someone to come to you, let an usher know. We observe Communion on the first Sunday of every month.
What is a typical 10:00am traditional worship service like?
The typical structure is as follows. Occasionally there is a variation. On Communion Sundays, we do not have a middle hymn. Our various choirs provide music and lead us in worship. Words and images are displayed on a projection screen.
- We Gather in the Name of the Lord: Prelude, Welcome and Announcements, an occasional Choral Introit, Opening Hymn, Call to Worship, Opening Prayer, Sharing the Peace of Christ, and Time With the Children
- We Hear God's Word and Faithfully Respond: Scripture Readings, Anthem, Sermon, Middle Hymn, Joys & Concerns, Pastoral Prayer & Lord's Prayer, Offertory, Doxology, Prayer of Dedication, and Final Hymn
- We Are Sent Forth to Serve God in the World: Benediction & Benediction Response, and Postlude
What is a typical 8:45am casual worship service like?
Our 45-minute casual service typically follows a similar structure to the 10:00am traditional worship service, but in a much more casual atmosphere. We will have one hymn (instead of three), the Call to Worship, Opening Prayer, Scripture Readings, Sermon, Joys & Concerns, Pastoral Prayer & Lord's Prayer, and the Benediction. Coffee, tea, and hot chocolate are available or you can bring your own beverage. Children are welcome, with the Nursery available if you need it. Our space offers flexibility, so at times we may change things up. If you have any suggestions, let us know.